Re: Biological data being used by an unpublished research paper is considered proprietary

Jeff Epler writes:
> Under US law, it may be the case that violating website terms of
> service is a felony crime with jail time attached.

The USA Federal courts have made it clear that this is not the case.  As
far as I know there have been no convictions or even prosecutions under
this theory.  A casual reading of the legislative history of this
(execrable) law indicates that it was not the intent of Congress to
criminalize such things as violation of TOS.
John Hasler
Elmwood, WI USA