Re: We need a global decision about R data in binary format, and stick to it.

I demand that "Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer" may or may not have
written...

> On Monday 05 August 2013 17:48:27 Paul Wise wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Sune Vuorela wrote:
>>> What about svg files that are converted into png's and then manually
>>> adjusted?
>> I'd say the "source" is the combination of the SVG files plus the adjusted
>> PNGs.

>> I guess you are thinking of a particular case here? What is the reason
>> for manually adjusting them?

> Maybe optipng-ed images? Anyway, AFAIR, last time I tried that I did all in

> the rules file, so nothing to be afraid here.

I'd say that the only possible issues here are in losing or re-ordering
palette entries and in throwing away colour data for transparent pixels,
should you choose that option. In many cases, though, neither optimisation
would actually cause problems.

--
|  _  | Darren Salt, using Debian GNU/Linux (and Android)
| ( ) |
|  X  | ASCII Ribbon campaign against HTML e-mail
| / \ | http://www.asciiribbon.org/

To see a need and wait to be asked, is to already refuse.