Status of deb(5) format support in Debian

Hi!

Due to bug 718295, and in preparation to add non-gzip compression
support for control.tar, I've tried to get an accurate view of the
current deb(5) format support in software present in Debian. The
resulting table looks pretty bad:

   <https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/DebSupport>

Please help by filling it with either other software that you might
know handles .deb files directly, so that these can get coordinated on
format changes, by filling the '?' in there or by correcting existing
entries (but if in doubt about specific conclusions, please ask here),
or even by actually fixing the software listed there. I should probably
also add other columns, like the type of R/W support, acceptance of
bogus/broken/damaged archives, and similar, but maybe another day.

I've reported some of the problems, might try report the rest in the
coming future.

Thanks,
Guillem