Re: Bridge burning

2013/7/28 Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>:
> On Sun, 2013-07-28 at 12:49 +1000, Nikolas Kallis wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> I just spotted this on the Debian forum:
>>
>> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105456
>>

>> As you can see, someone (who is obviously new to Linux) came and asked a
>> perfectly valid question, and had their thread locked despite them not
>> breaking any rules.
> [...]
>
> It's trolling, and I think you're trolling too.
It doesn't look like trolling to me... Sure, the question is a bit odd
on a Debian forum, but it was posted in the "Offtopic" area, and I
think it's perfectly valid to ask that question there. Some people
might use Debian derivatives, and are on Debian Forums, therefore
asking that question is okay, IMHO.
Directly closing the thread was overreacting, in my opinion, unless
the person who created the thread committed any bad behaviour in the
past.
Cheers,
    Matthias