Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

Uoti Urpala preached with fire in his heart and wind in his head:

I'd say that mainly shows that systemd upstream has managed to develop
things forward. Creating and changing things involves decisions, and
there's no way to make everyone happy. And when old things are changed
there's bound to be a lot of controversy, even if the old stuff was
total crap and new is almost perfect.

Almost perfect as in:
http://www.happyassassin.net/2013/06/14/fedora-1920-logfile-explosions/
http://blog.gerhards.net/2013/06/systemd-journal-causes-loop-in-imjournal.html

Verily, sir, you're one of the best upstart advocates on this mailing list.

– jubal