Re: build warnings treated as failures

Ritesh Raj Sarraf, le Wed 17 Jul 2013 22:38:51 +0530, a écrit :
> I see a sudden surge of build failures against my latest upload of
> packages[1]. From the build logs, it looks like all warnings are treated
> as errors now.
>
> If that is the case, I would like to know how others are dealing with
> it? Fixing every build warning????

See configure.ac in your package:

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([-Wall -Werror foreign])

You probably want to remove -Werror and tell upstream that it's not so
good an idea.

That being said, the warnings at stake do produce a bug: %lx is too
short for printing a u_int64_t on 32bit archs, so you actually want to
fix them.

Samuel