Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

On 15-07-13 14:09, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le dimanche 14 juillet 2013 à 11:55 -0700, Geoffrey Thomas a écrit :
>> And if it turns out that systemd is today necessary for Debian's
>> "viability as a modern OS", there are ways for the project to make that
>> decision without being rude to folks who have been working on other
>> systems (and, of course, without them being rude to folks working on
>> systemd either). The objection is to the manner in which the statement was
>> made; it was not a claim about the truth of the statement.
>
> What I find rude is that a minority of idiots is taking the project
> hostage of their ridiculous demands, preventing a quick switch to a
> decent init systems, for reasons that are anything but technical.

What I find rude is that a minority of idiots is taking the project
hostage of their ridiculous demands, preventing anything but endless and
pointless discussion about init systems, for reasons that are anything
but technical.

I thought we'd released, and that the time for "I'm bored, so let's talk
about something silly on -devel" was over.

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/