Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

Le lundi 15 juillet 2013 à 16:18 +0800, Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> If OpenRC goes up to the shape I expect, it will have a huge advantage
> over systemd and Upstart: it will not be controversial, throwing away
> non-Linux ports, and taking over the whole of the system. It will just
> be an improvement, and that's it.

You want some controversy?

I don’t even want to hear about such a piece of junk at the base of any
system under my responsibility.

At least sysvinit/insserv is maintained by competent people.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :