Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

* Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> [2013-07-14 11:26:29 +0200]:

> On Jul 14, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
> > OpenRC has already been discussed for Debian for over a year, it's
> > still not fully ported and working, yet you claim the port is doing
> > well.
> And even if ported and fully working it will still lack the features
> needed by a modern init system.
> OpenRC is too little and too late, and it's a shame a GSoC project is
> wasted on this dead end.

It's a shame that such objections haven't been raised in a timely manner
and through the proper channels.
--
Nicolas Dandrimont
wearing his Debian GSoC Org Admin hat