Re: Creating a list of GPLv2+ code in GNU/Linux, etc. Was: Plan to release a gplv3 compliant debian-based release

On Fri, 2013-07-05 at 16:31 +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 04:28:13PM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> > On Fri, 2013-07-05 at 16:14 +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > Since this discussion took place in 2006, the Linux as a whole would
> > probably be too old to be intersting. However, there are big chunks of
> > current code having the 'or (at your option) any later version' clause,
> > and this software is definitely usable in GPLv3 sense. Not all Linux
> > kernel developers agreed with Linus decision at the time, Alan Cox being
> > one of them.
> That doesn't change the fact that hand-waiving about having a Debian
> port based parts of kernels from 10 years ago is off-topic on -devel
> until you show us the code.

The main idea has now changed to collect a list of GPLv2+ code that can
be usable in current and future GPLv3+ projects. Yes, I know it is a
large effort, we'll see how it evolves.

> So please drop this thread now.

Doing so ;) However, see the title change. The idea is still interesting
(for me at least, and probably some others).