Re: Plan to release a gplv3 compliant debian-based release

On Tue, 2013-07-02 at 21:29 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 10:24:40PM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been thinking about this for some time now. There is a need for a
> > gplv3+-compliant Debian-based distribution! Meaning that gplv2 only code
> > will not be included! For kernels, kFreeBSD and Hurd will remain, and
> > Linux will be several years back of course. Anybody has an idea on how
> > old Linux kernel will remain? Comments, ideas, any takers? Criticism I
> > assume will be plenty. Maybe even FSF might help here.
> >
> > Have a nice day:)
>
> You're slipping.  Your trolling used to be way more subtle.

Sorry Ben, I'm serious about this. GPLv2 is evil wrt progress, and I
still would like to know how many years Linux would back until the first
V2 only statement. Of course you cannot answer this question, but maybe
somebody else. Add to that, a very large number of authors are probably
willing to release their code v2+ (or v3+), not v2 only.