Re: Berkeley DB 6.0 license change to AGPLv3

Le 02/07/2013 16:35, Ondřej Surý a écrit :
> Thanks Dan for this comprehensive email.
>
> I'll take ITP bug for libmdb (#694757) under pkg-db umbrella, as it will
> affect Berkeley DB, so it makes sense to have it there.
>
> People are most welcome to join the team, as I am the only active person
> in the team.
>
> O.

I happen to already have a private version of liblmdb packaged. As far
as I know, I met the following problems:

 * The library has no SONAME
 * I used a git (unreleased) version ; no tarballs of the source code
were made
 * the executables were statically linked.

I would be happy to continue the work on this library, albeit as a
sponsoree or something (I am not a DD nor a DM).

The git tree was not made public, but I can provide all of my work.

Sincerly,
--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq