Re: Berkeley DB 6.0 license change to AGPLv3

(Written on my phone).

I have worked with original information from Florian's follow-up to transition bug. Sorry for not checking apt license myself. Anyway... effectivelly relicensing apt to GPL-3 might not be a problem for apt (and all its rev-deps), but it is a still problem for all other software under other licenses.

Changing BSD-style license (with open the source clause) to (A)GPL-3 for a widely used library is a problem. There's no misunderstanding here.

Also it would cultivate the debate here if you have presented your arguments (e.g. explain why I might be mistaken) instead of presenting just the ad hominem arguments. Thanks.

Ondřej Surý