Re: Reporting 1.2K crashes

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> The Debian Med team was flooded by about 50 mails which is hard to cope
> in two weeks.

You shouldn't have received that many emails. If we decide to report
more bugs in the future (depending on the reactions from the
community), we will make sure that you only receive one email
containing all the reports at once.

> I actually do not feel real pressure to even try to meet
> this time limit considering that those leaf packages do not serve as a
> proper intrusion vector into important machines.

That's fine. If the bugs have no security implications, there is no
time limit. It would not be reasonable to expect developers to fix
benign bugs within two weeks. After two weeks, we will simply submit
the bugs to the BTS.

> It would help if there were some additional guidelines for upstream that
> might simplify the attempt to fix it.  Can we provide some specific
> guidelines?

Did you have any guidelines in mind? You are welcome to provide any
guidelines to the upstream developers, but I'm not sure what
guidelines could help them fix the bugs.