Re: system time has change while installing

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 09:12:37AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
[...]
> The *only* argument for using local time in the system clock is so that the
> time displayed in the timezone-ignorant BIOS will be correct.  But who looks
> at the time in the BIOS anyway?

No, the major reason is compatibility with Windows on a dual-boot
system.  But it will still get screwed up if Linux does the DST
adjustment.

EFI apparently records the current time zone offset of the RTC,
which would allow this to be fixed, but I don't think that Linux
pays any attention to that yet.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings