Re: ITP: ruby-redis -- Ruby client library for Redis

Per Andersson dijo [Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 08:03:24PM +0200]:
> > redis tests need em-synchrony, which needs newer em-http-request and
> > which needs mongrel (not sure where it needs, it tries to load mongrel
> > during tests) and http-parser.rb (packaging http-parser separately -
> > needs some help handling it)
>
> Ok, I'll go down this route then. (mongrel -> em-http-request -> em-synchrony).

I *think* you discussed this already in the pkg-ruby-extras
mailinglist, but anyway I didn't act there ;-)

Mongrel *was* packaged for Debian. It is long time dead upstream, and
was removed from Wheezy.

For my use cases, I have found Thin to be a very good replacement for
Mongrel. I understand it reuses some of Mongrel's code. So, if
em-http-request requires mongrel for its tests, it is the tests that
should be rewritten for a maintained web application server.