Feedback regarding Debian 7.1's handling of services

Hello,

When I install software designed to be ran as a service in Debian 7.1 using dpkg, its gets started automatically. This is dangerous and I think this behaviour should be changed to not start the service automatically.

Some default settings in software is not suitable for some environments software gets installed into I.E: Tor; Postfix.

Also, I think most people generally don't use default settings when installing software that runs as a service, so they would need to restart the service after configuring it anyway.

Regards,

Nikolas Kallis