Bug#712107: ITP: nutcracker -- Fast, light-weight proxy for memcached and Redis
Owner: Faidon Liambotis <email@example.com>
* Package name : nutcracker
Version : 0.2.5 (TBA)
Upstream Author : Twitter, Inc.
* URL : https://github.com/twitter/twemproxy
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: C
Description : Fast, light-weight proxy for memcached and Redis
nutcracker, also known as twemproxy (pronounced "two-em-proxy"), is a
fast and lightweight proxy for the memcached and Redis protocols. It was
primarily built to reduce the connection count on backend caching
servers, but it has a number of features, such as:
* Maintains persistent server connections to backend servers.
* Enables pipelining of requests and responses.
* Supports multiple server pools simultaneously.
* Shard data automatically across multiple servers.
* Supports multiple hashing modes including consistent hashing and
* High-availability by disabling nodes on failures.
* Observability through stats exposed on stats monitoring port.