Re: How to bump the SONAME of a library ? [WAS: DH way to set SONAME]

On 10/06/13 01:04, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am not so sure what I must understand by `bump the SONAME':
> given that libtool machinery is employed, does is mean that
> `current' must be increased by one ?

You really should read [1] if you're maintaining shared libraries in Debian
(it's a bit outdated but most things are still relevant). [2] is also a good
read, specially if you're doing upstream development, patching the library or
bumping the SONAME. The libtool manual (that Ondřej linked) is also relevant
given your upstream is using libtool.

Emilio

[1] http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html
[2] http://www.akkadia.org/drepper/dsohowto.pdf