Re: NDEBUG when building packages?

On 06/07/2013 07:34 AM, Kumar Appaiah wrote:

> While we're at it, could you please let me know what is the best
> practice for package builds that generate debug symbol packages?
> Ideally, I would hapve to rebuild the whole package TWICE, once with
> -O0 -g, and the other time with -O2, right?

Having debug symbols not matching the runtime would cause a great deal of trouble.  If you're expecting a lot of
debugging, try the new -Og switch.

One build pass and let dh_strip create the debug symbols package for you.  Unless you're not using dh, in which case
your build system is probably already broken and needs to get fixed first.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@bregmasoft.ca>