Re: systemd .service file conversion

Ondřej Surý

On 1. 6. 2013, at 11:59, Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 May 2013 16:33:22 +0200, md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) wrote:
>> On May 31, Jeff Epler <jepler@unpythonic.net> wrote:
>>> The idea that somehow users of non-linux kernels don't matter or don't
>>> even exist as debian users is one of the most frustrating bits of this
>> I'm sorry for the three kfreebsd users, but sometimes reality sucks.
>> Pretending that their needs are as much important as the needs of the
>> 99% of Debian users who use Linux does not make it true.
>
> Before saying things like that, please file a GR removing the
> "universal" from Debian's claim.

Please do not troll. It's neither constructive nor helpful.

We have removed archs from release archs and moved them to ports and nobody claimed we are less universal. (And my strawman argument could be some like: if we don't support <some-obscure-kernel> then we are not universal...)

What the project needs to do is to define a set of the reasonable criteria for inclusion/exclusion of a release kernel.

O.