Re: How to check for other init systems from sysvinit script

Hi Ondřej,

Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org> writes:
> Practical question: if I were to support systemd .service, upstart
> init job and/or OpenRC <whatever> together with standard sysvinit
> script, how do I check for currently used init system from sysvinit
> script to not start the service for a second time?
>
> Is there some material on wiki.d.o I can use (and if not can somebody
> prepare it)?
There is a debhelper patch pending[1] which results in doing the right
thing for your package(s) with regards to systemd support.

I will of course send a proper announcement email once the patch is
merged. Of course, a proper wiki page will be part of this.

Best regards,
Michael