Re: libnss consolidation (was: X.509 and CA certificates for other purposes (i.e. the IGTF))

On 31 May 2013 20:19, Bastien ROUCARIES <roucaries.bastien@gmail.com> wrote:
Gnutls is really crappy about suid
see http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2010/03/msg00298.html

2+ years later or 2 Debian releases later, I would have hoped these issues would be, somehow, magically, fixed by now :-(

Basically makes libpam-ldap + TLS broken with certain programs.

libnss-ldap is probably also broken, but seems you should be using libnss-ldapd these days which may (?) avoid these problems.

(I stopped using LDAP for authentication as a direct result of these problems - hardly a good selling point for Debian; so if something has changed I may not have noticed)
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>