Re: Multi-Arch for plugin packages

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am maintaining one of the gkrellm2 plugin packages, namely
> gkrellm2-cpufreq. All of these gkrellm2 plugin packages install their
> plugins into /usr/lib/gkrellm2/plugins, including mine.
>
> However, I was wondering whether the plugins should actually
> get installed into /usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/gkrellm2/plugins.
>
> Since the plugins aren't really considered shared libraries, I
> am not sure whether Multi-Arch has to be considered for these.
>
> Anyone knows how Multi-Arch is handled for other similar plugin
> packages, other than gkrellm2 plugins?
>
> I have created a Multi-Arch version of my gkrellm2-cpufreq now,
> but I haven't uploaded it yet.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Adrian

What we've done to IM module packages are exactly what you described,
they are plugins to UI toolkits (GTK+, Qt). But please be careful to
make sure they really work as expected when co-installed, i.e the i386
version of the application can use plugins from i386 path, and amd64
version of the program likewise.

--
Regards,
Aron Xu