Re: [clang] Report bugs on packages failing to build with clang

> Hello,
>
> With the recent setup of the parallel build infrastructure using clang
> instead of gcc [1], I would like to start to report
> bugs on packages failing to build with clang (with patches if possible).
> The severity would be minor.
> Of course, I would do that only when the issue is upstream [2].
>
> Any comments ?

[...]

I think this will likely improve code quality, hence I'm much in favour of this,
in particular when it comes to outright bugs. But a non-negligible fraction of
the build failures, I believe, are due to the use of nested functions. This
could well be considered design decisions when used intentionally (unlike, e.g.,
[684508], where I have already filed a bug). I'm not sure whether upstream will
be very keen on such bug reports?

Best,
Michael

[684508] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=684508