Re: Is there an active Debian mactel team?

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:42 AM, Thibaut Paumard <thibaut@debian.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Despite all the efforts from many people, it's still quite difficult to
> get a fully functional Debian system on certain Apple hardware.
>
> I have been looking for a team I could join to discuss and improve the
> situation, but I could not find one. There are pages on the wiki, there
> is a debian-mactel channel on OFTC, but no alioth project and no mailing
> list. Is there something I missed?
>
> Things that could be coordinated:
>  * maintaining packages:
>     [1] pommed
>     [2] macfanctld
>     [3] mouseemu
>
>  * integrating the functionality of those packages in general purpose
> alternatives (e.g. fancontrol)
>
>  * integration with other Debian systems and tasks:
>    [4] kernel
>    [5] bumblebee
<snip>

Bumblebee (and related packages, i.e. bbswitch and primus) are
currently maintained under the umbrella of the Debian NVIDIA
Maintainers team, and I'd personally prefer to keep maintaining
bumblebee there rather than moving it over to team maintenance within
a mactel-specific team. That being said, if there's anything I can do
(as one of bumblebee's maintainers) to help Debian users with Apple
hardware, please do let me know. I myself don't have any Apple
hardware, so I'll be relying instead of bug reports and/or patches
from those who do if there are any incompatibilities with the current
bumblebee packages in Debian (but off the top of my head, I can't
think of any).

Regards,
Vincent