Re: Debian development and release: always releasable (essay)

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 12:29:11AM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> Some upstreams have a testing branch of there software and a
> release branch.  It's sometimes useful to have people test the
> version in from the testing branch, and having it available in
> Debian makes it easier for people to test it.

A couple of options seem to present itself (under current scheme) -
a) upload to experimental and publically call for testing
b) upload to unstable and file an RC bug yourself so it doesn't migrate
c) upload to unstable, wait for migration, then file an RC bug so we
don't release with it.

Neil