Re: Depends: libfoo:foreign ???

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:31:54AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> On 05/13/2013 10:22 AM, The Wanderer wrote:
>
> >On 05/13/2013 09:46 AM, Wookey wrote:
>
> >>Hmm. Do the parts of the 64-bit tree that the 32-bit side compiles
> >>against end up installed in a final installation (as libraries?) or
> >>are they really just intermediate 'during build' items?
> >
> >They do end up getting installed, though whether as libraries or not
> >I don't recall offhand.
>
> I think I may have misunderstood this question.
>
> Some of the 64-bit components which would ordinarily get installed in a
> 64-bit-only build get omitted from the final install (and possibly from
> compilation) in a combined build, because the 32-bit components replace
> them. Not all do, however, and some - I think most - do get installed as
> both in parallel.
>
> I would have to investigate the build process more closely in order to
> say much more with any certainty.

Could you build a 32bit only, a 64bit only and a 32+64bit wine, run
make install for each case and generate a file list for each?
Including "file" output so it shows what is 32bit and what 64bit in
the mixed case.

Also what happens if you take the list for 32+64bit and then manually
pick the respective files from the 32bit only and 64bit only tree
according to bitness of the files? Does that produce something
functional? Equal to the 32+64bit build?

MfG
	Goswin