Re: Debian development and release: always releasable (essay)

Hi

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 07:42:21PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> > Agreed. Do you have any example use-cases that should block releases but
> > aren't in blends or tasks? Perhaps we need to start some new blends or
> > add new tasks.
>
> I would need to do some research, since I'm not personally familiar with
> everything that's in a blend or a task at the moment.  Just off the top of
> my head, though, to pick an area of personal expertise,

>From my point of view one main point in Blends is that you can (if you
care enough) assemble some manpower behind a certain set of packages.
For Debian Med I have some proof of this statement which are those ten
developers that inserted "yes" in the column "DD because Debian Med
exists" in the developers questionaire I did[1].  In other words:
Because there is a Blend we do have the people working on its packages.

I admit that running a Blend is also extra work to explain it to people
but extra manpower of 10 people (which is one per year of the projects
life time) was worth the effort.

> I don't think
> there's an existing blend or task for a Kerberos KDC or, more generally,
> an authentication and identity management infrastructure.  That's one that
> I'd be willing to tackle creating a package list for if we went this
> route.

IMHO this could be kick-started from Debian Enterprise.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/Developers

--