Re: /srv (was /export)

2013/5/8 Thorsten Glaser <tg@debian.org>:
> Игорь Пашев <pashev.igor <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> What about moving default location for applications to /export ?
>
> *NO*!

Maybe not /export, but /srv, which already exists, the idea is
separating system data and application data.
(Actually, I do not like /export, because of /etc and tab completion ;-)

And probably /export is wrong place for this :-/ [1]

> We do not need *more* such non-Unixy, FLOS, nōnsense!
>
> I seem to understand you’re coming from Solaris here, which has a
> history of doing weird things like that…? Please, no.
I know how weird Solaris is, no need to tell me :-)
But referring to "true-UNIX" also does not make any sense.

[1] http://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/fhs-discuss/2011-May/000158.html