Re: /export (was Re: jessie release goals)

Игорь Пашев <pashev.igor <at> gmail.com> writes:

> What about moving default location for applications to /export ?

*NO*!

/sys was already bad. /run is a catastrophe, although an understandable
one. I always rm -rf /media after a fresh install, where T F did that
come from. As a BSD person, seeing /lib causes me to cringe every time.
Debian also has (had?) /emul. And /lib64 is just insane.

We do not need *more* such non-Unixy, FLOS, nōnsense!

I seem to understand you’re coming from Solaris here, which has a
history of doing weird things like that…? Please, no.

bye,
//mirabilos