Re: Bug#705168: Any multi VGA controller systems failing to boot?
On 2013-04-22 19:40:01 EDT, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 18:21 -0400, Barry Fishman wrote:
>> Is anyone else seeing a boot hangup on wheezy with the linux/3.2.41-2 kernel
>> on systems with multiple display controllers?
>> I filed the bug report on April 5, and it got filed with normal severity
>> and misfiled against the linux/3.2.39-2 kernel.
>> I think it might affect many more people when Wheezy is released.
> This might be fixed by:
> commit 054430e773c9a1e26f38e30156eff02dedfffc17
> Author: Dave Airlie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Fri Jan 25 11:38:56 2013 +1000
> fbcon: fix locking harder
> which is in 3.2.44-rc1 and should be included in an early kernel update
> for wheezy. This was confirmed to fix bug #704933.
1) This bug is a month old and due to a Debian patch which was rejected
by the upstream kernel team. It still is't fixed in Wheezy, although
it is listed as pending since April 15.
2) It was incorrectly marked against the wrong kernel version, ignoring
the my attempt to correct it.
3) Its very likely the same bug as #704933, although your bug tracking
system seems unable to link related bugs together.
4) Its not listed in the release notes for Wheezy as a problem
installing on systems with multiple VGA controllers.
5) I had been running Wheezy for about a year, and the only issue I had
with it occurred a month before it released, without the problem
being considered significant to apply a known fix, or even tag it
correctly, although it makes some systems unbootable.