Re: 2013 sometimes still feels like 2003 or 1993 (Re: NEW processing during freezes

On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 04:53:59PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> I think there's a consensus, the problem is who's going
> to do the work for automating dropping of binaries and
> rebuild.

Not implying that I am the one doing this work, I would like to learn
more about what needs to be touched to achieve aspects of the following
features: (Again not implying that they are all desired.)
 * Throwing away binaries and rebuilding everything.
 * Permitting source-only uploads.
 * arch:all binNMUs.

Pointers to relevant documentation appreciated. Specific questions:
 * Which tools/infrastructure needs changes?
 * What are the general changes needed?
 * How can those changes be split in independent pieces and applied
   without interfering badly?

Helmut