Re: 2013 sometimes still feels like 2003 or 1993 (Re: NEW processing during freezes

Le 02/05/2013 20:12, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> Yes, speaking as someone who has, on several occasions, uploaded arch: all
> binary packages with source package problems and not discovered that until
> months later via a FTBFS bug from an archive rebuild, I think we should
> rebuild all arch: all packages on upload as well.

Cough.. cough.. it's actually possible to upload binary-independent
packages only, among with the sources, by cleaning up the changes file
(and renaming _arch into _indep), and re-signing it. This way, you are
still building everything on the local arch, but have the guarantee that
the final binaries will be produced in a clean environment.

Building binaries is not sufficient to prevent breakages, anyway (I did
choke several times due to incomplete build-depend on the control file -
something that you can not detect unless you setup a complete chrooted
build environment, which is a bit cumbersome to do)