Re: git as a source package format?

Le Sat, May 04, 2013 at 05:06:37AM +0600, Andrey Rahmatullin a écrit :
> On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 07:43:17PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> > One thing not clear is whether people thought I was referring to using
> > upstream repositories or alioth repositories (only containing commits
> > from the maintainer) as the content of such source packages.  Bernhard,
> > could you comment on what you understood my intention was?

> Is that some kind of game you are proposing to play while waiting for the
> release?

Can people please stop to bully others with "relase" ?  Consider that
you give a negative feeling that does not make feel like participating.

Current situation is that:

 - A tentative release date has been announced, it has been propagated on
   multiple channels, including the "Debian blog", with much less emphasis that
   on the "tentative" word, and there was no counter-information that the the
   tentative date will not be met.

 - Some information channels (the UDD and planet.debian.org) indicate that
   there are almost no blocking RC bugs left to fix.

 - From my own experience on the release notes, patches were accepted with no
   feedback asking for more, giving a strong impression that there is nothing
   left to be done (and indeed, it looks like the final round of translations
   started).

If there are blocking tasks where help is needed, please let people know in a
more inviting way.

In any case, please refrain passive-aggressive statements on other people's
projects.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy