Re: jpeg8 vs jpeg-turbo

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:30:46 +0600, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:23:04AM +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> > A. Add libjpeg-turbo to Debian archive (that's easy)
> Not really (especially if you want it to ship libjpeg.so.* too).

We have a plenty of libraries (and other packages) who do conflict
between themselves, so we know the drill.

Also Debian no longer ships libjpeg62, so there's not conflict there
at least for baseline implementation (libjpeg62 API/ABI). Remember we
are speaking about wheezy+1 now.

For libjpeg8-turbo you can just declare Conflict with libjpeg8 and it
will be used just in the applications who explicitly link with
libjpeg-turbo-dev.

Still easy.

O.
P.S.: I was not subscribed to debian-devel (I will do for sake of this
issue), so this email has been reconstructed from the archive, thus
there are neither References: nor In-Reply-To: headers. Sorry for
breaking the threading.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>