Re: Derivatives, MongoDB and freezes

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Nonetheless, with derivatives and Debian itself having different release
> cycles, and wearing my upstream developer hat, I can't help wondering:
> how can upstreams ensure that the freshest versions of their package
> propagate to the derivatives without duplicating effort?

You can push those versions to experimental and ask Ubuntu to sync
from there (they do that during freeze but not automatically) using
requestsync from ubuntu-dev-tools (available in Debian). For other
derivatives there aren't any specific sync procedures, you'll need to
contact their development fora, some are listed in the census pages.

http://wiki.ubuntu.com/SyncRequestProcess
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/Merging
http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census

--