Re: Automatically satisfying Build-Depends from local control file

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 18.04.2013, 19:28 -0700 schrieb Nikolaus Rath:
> Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> writes:
> > Am Dienstag, den 16.04.2013, 21:19 -0700 schrieb Nikolaus Rath:
> >> Has someone already written a tool to automate this? I.e., parse
> >> debian/control and run the appropriate apt-get command?
> >
> > The package haskell-debian-utils contains a program named
> > apt-get-build-depends that does exactly that.
>
> Cool. I think it would be great if that could be moved into devscripts.

I doubt that they will want to build-depend on Haskell. Also, it is
relatively stupid (parse debian/control, construct apt-get install line,
fire) and hence cannot take versioned build-dependencies and
alternatives into account.

The proper solution would be if simply apt-get supported this (or at
least supports listing the packages to install in the debian/control
format).

Greetings,
Joachim

--