Re: Automatically satisfying Build-Depends from local control file

* Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de>, 2013-04-18, 12:07:
The tool you are looking for is "mk-build-deps" from the package "devscripts".
So one uses mk-build-deps to create a .deb containing the build dependencies as binary dependencites, put that .deb into an local aptable archive, run apt-get update and apt-get install $PACKAGE.

No, you dpkg -i that .deb, and then run apt-get install -f.
Or just pass -i to mk-build-deps, which does all the steps for you.

Am I the only one who thinks this is terribly backwards as compared to hand-editing dpkg-checkbuildep's output to an apt-get install command line?

But yeah, mk-build-deps is a half-baked solution. When I don't want to pollute the build env with devscripts, I do what you said above. Which sucks, too.

--
Jakub Wilk