Re: detailed lists with archive contents - more than just Contents

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 03:04:20PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Will that also detect files in multiarch packages that are not identical?

No, it does not do this at the moment. The main reason here is that
currently only amd64 is processed. Support for multiple architectures
would take a bit more to implement and vastly more resources on the
machine hosting dedup.d.n.

> Or files in foo_arch.deb that should be in foo-common_all.deb?

I do not yet understand what kind of algorithm you imagine here. In any
case dedup.d.n does not do such a thing at the moment. In addition a
task that operates one one binary package is likely better suited for
lintian.

Helmut