Re: Add multiarch library paths to DEFAULT_LIBRARY_PATH in Dpkg::Shlibs?

On 16 April 2013 13:29, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:11:24 +0400
> Игорь Пашев <pashev.igor@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Why?
>> >
>> > This modules tries to mimick ld.so's logic to find libraries as closely
>> > as possible.
>>
>> /lib:/usr/lib was the default path, now it is
>> /lib/<multiarch>:/usr/lib/<multiarch>, isn't it?
>

> MultiArch in Debian is principally concerned with runtime paths, the
> build-time paths and consequent cross-compilation support still has a
> few wrinkles to resolve. (or dpkg-cross could have been removed from
> Wheezy.)

Well, despite policy not settled people started to multi-arch enable
-dev packages in a quite aggressively.
Because well, it's convenient.

I found 140+ dev packages on my system that do so.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5713071/

And well, since these are multi-arch same and presumably
co-installable, that mean that .so symlink is not in /usr/lib/ any
more for all of them.
So we better figure out the Multi-arch-dev story sooner than later =)

Regards,

Dmitrijs.