Bug#705459: ITP: jxrlib -- JPEG-XR lib
Owner: Mathieu Malaterre <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : jxrlib
Version : 1.0
Upstream Author : Microsoft Research
* URL : http://jxrlib.codeplex.com
* License : BSD
Programming Lang: C
Description : JPEG-XR lib
JPEG XR is an approved ISO/IEC International standard (its official
designation is ISO/IEC 29199-2).
JPEG XR started its life in Microsoft Research. It publicly first appeared as
the HD Photo format in Windows Vista.
For web developers, JPEG XR has a large number of interesting features, see
the table below. Some of these are big advantages over other image formats
like JPEG, PNG, OpenEXR, and TIFF.
- Better Compression (40% smaller than JPEG)
- Lossless Mode (better compression than PNG)
- Alpha Channel (compress color lossy and alpha losslessly)
- Extended Bitdepth (supports 8-, 16-, and 32-bit/channel)
- Progressive Decode
- Advanced Decoding Features (tile-based layout, for efficient
Current work is at: