Re: Interactive package management via aptitude

[Andreas Beckmann]
> Looks like we should start doing some automated upgrade tests with
> aptitude ... jenkins.debian.net would be one solution, piuparts
> another (anybody who wants to write a patch?).

A few years ago I did chroot upgrade tests like the one done by
jenkins.debian.net, using both apt-get and aptitude, to get a list of
differences.  The differences were huge, and to me it seemed that both
of them failed and succeeded some times.

I guess what we really want to is to both test upgrades with apt-get
and aptitude chroots, and compare them to the result we get by asking
tasksel to install the original task.  After all, we want to make sure
upgrades and installations end up with almost the same setup.

If you want to create such chroot test with jenkins, I am sure Holger
welcome a patch.  The chroot scripts are simple to extend. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen