Bug#705324: ITP: alacarte -- tile renderer for OpenStreetMap using Cairo and MapCSS
Owner: Andrew Shadura <email@example.com>
* Package name : alacarte
Version : 0.2.1
Upstream Author : Institut für Theoretische Informatik et al.
* URL : http://github.com/alacarte-maps/alacarte/
* License : AGPL-3+
Programming Lang: C++11
Description : tile renderer for OpenStreetMap using Cairo and MapCSS
alaCarte is a tile renderer for OpenStreetMap data written in C++11,
using Cairo for rendering and Boost-Spirit for MapCSS parsing.
The rendered tiles are served over HTTP using the Slippy map tilenames
convention. To compute which data is needed for rendering a tile,
alaCarte uses a variant of a kd-Tree.
alaCarte was designed with medium dataset size in mind. On a typical
machine with at leat 8GB RAM, alaCarte can handle a unfiltered export
from the federal state of Baden-Wuerttemberg (Germany).
* easy to use
* most MapCSS attributes are implemented
* no need to filter OSM exports, you have full access to all attributes at runtime
* stylesheets are updated at runtime (changes are detected automatically)
* tiles can be rendered in groups ("meta tile") to speed up rendering
P.S. The package is ready and working, but I think to wait a little bit until the
upstream does the next release — I'm packaging from Git currently.