Re: Interactive package management via aptitude

>  For instance, one of the (ugly) boxes I help admin recently
> had 1000 pacakges yet to update and > 60 security packages not done, and not
> enough space on the box to do them.

Aptitude installs all recommended packages by default which was rather
annoying until I found that in the options menu as I ran out of space a
couple of times.

p.s. Have the devs considered using an _apt user for doing the
downloads. Should only take a couple of minutes to add. You may want an
advisory to warn users to check their firewall rules however.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)