Re: Generators for debian/* files?

Jonathan Dowland:
> On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 11:07:31AM +0200, Thomas Koch wrote:
> > This java code should be replaces with something in perl/python/non-JVM.
>
> Why?

Wookeys response (circular build-dependency) is not the reason here. We have
two packages, maven-repo-helper with minimal dependency set which is a build
dependency for many java packages and maven-debian-helper with a longer
dependency list which is only used to create the files in debian/*.

mh_make does not have automatic testing yet and is much work to test manually.
This is mostly caused by the unnecessary dependency on maven to do something
as trivial as filling templates for the debian/* files with appropriate
values.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro