Re: Splitting the devscripts package

On 2 April 2013 16:18, Reinhard Tartler <siretart@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Apparently there are, but aside from that: should a 'bts' command on
>> $DERIVATIVE interact with the Debian bug-tracking system, or the
>> $DERIVATIVE bug-tracking system?
>
> This can/should preferably be configurable, defaulting to the Debian
> BTS. Derivatives should be encouraged to override the defaults
> accordingly.

I think in ubuntu, at least reportbug had a failsafe guard "trying to
report against ubuntu bts, which does not exist. Are you sure you know
what you are doing?" typo of thing, and there is a config var to
enable reporting to Debian.
I expect similar for bts, on !Debian have a safe-guard against
spamming Debian with derivative bugs. Yet allow derivative developers
work with bugs.debian.org using those handy tools, when they actually
know what they are doing and are politely educated when they push too
much into Debian.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.

ps. I has always developed Debian from Ubuntu host, mostly using
pbuilder/sbuild and very rarely a VM (command-line). There are a few
Ubuntu Developers that do reverse, fully develop from Debian host.