Re: grub2 on zfs root

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 3:03 AM, Игорь Пашев wrote:

> Suddenly, I've found that grub2 "knows" about kopensolaris [1]

So does dpkg:

$ dpkg-architecture -L | grep -i opensolaris | head -n2
kopensolaris-i386
kopensolaris-ia64

> Could anybody say how it happened?
> [1] http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/grub2

Follow the links:

changelog -> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/g/grub2/grub2_1.99-27/changelog
search for opensolaris ->
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/g/grub2/grub2_1.99-27/changelog#version1.98_20100614-2
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/g/grub2/grub2_1.99-27/changelog#version1.96_20090609-1

I think Robert had an interest in non-Linux architectures at one point
or maybe one of the Solaris based Debian derivatives
(StormOS/Nexenta/etc) asked him to add it.

PS: not sure if you know about it, but while StormOS was active, the
Debian derivatives census was generating patches for changes StormOS
folks made to Debian packages. Perhaps they would be helpful to you:

http://dex.alioth.debian.org/census/StormOS/patches/

--
bye,
pabs