Re: [RFC] Putting the date back into utsname::version

On 2013-03-21 18:07:26 -0700 (-0700), Russ Allbery wrote:
> I will at least make a plea for ISO dates rather than the specific date
> format in the last two examples.
>
> I think my favorite is the last example, with an ISO date (2023-03-21).
[...]

Another alternative, not represented, is epoch seconds. Takes as
many 7-bit printable characters to display (at least for the next
few hundred years) as an ISO-8601 date with separators but provides
much greater precision... and it's still trivially sortable. Can
also be converted (on Debian and other GNU platforms) to your
current locale with

    date -d@1234567890

--
{ PGP( 48F9961143495829 ); FINGER( fungi@cthulhu.yuggoth.org );