Re: Public service announcement about dependencies on gawk

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 11:23:45PM +0000, brian m. carlson wrote:
> If your script does require some feature that is not available in mawk
> or original-awk, you explicitly need to call gawk, since /usr/bin/awk is
> an alternative and you cannot assume that it will point to gawk.

I wonder, would a lintian check that greps for the string "gawk" in anything
that looks like a script be accurate enough?  Checking for hashbangs is no
good as awk is often executed as one-liners in shell scripts.  Would
checking all text executables be reasonable?

--
ᛊᚨᚾᛁᛏᚣ᛫ᛁᛊ᛫ᚠᛟᚱ᛫ᚦᛖ᛫ᚹᛖᚨᚲ